In today's environment, institutions are not in a position to simply check a box saying a survey has been completed, nor can they continue to operate as if student satisfaction data is a "nice thing to have" rather than a necessity.
Watch to hear three campus partners identify how campuses can effectively use student satisfaction survey results for institutional effectiveness.
You will learn:
- How to partner with departments on campus (academic affairs, student affairs, enrollment management) to utilize the data for planning and evaluation purposes
- Data analyses that have been most useful in understanding the results
- Building buy-in to conduct a satisfaction assessment
- How satisfaction assessment fits in the cycle with other instruments
- Examples of initiatives that have been implemented based on student satisfaction results
- Communication campaigns to inform the campus of priorities and activities resulting from student feedback
About the presenters
Shannon Cook, Executive Consultant, Student Success Solutions, RNL
Julie Eagen, Director of Academic Affairs, University of Cincinnati (OH)
Eleanor Fox, Research Analyst, Oakland Community College (MI)
Katie Tharp, Assistant to the President of Institutional Effectiveness, Aurora University (IL)