Download this report to uncover effective recruitment and marketing practices for four-year colleges and universities, based on an April 2017 poll of campus officials.
Highlights from the study:
- Purchased names, campus visitors, and stealth applicants were the top three sources of both inquiries and enrollees for 2017-18.
- Online display advertising was the top form of advertising, but was rated less effective than text messaging, email, websites, and, for private institution respondents, publications.
- Qualifying inquiries was a top practice for public institution respondents in the category of internal operations, but 57 percent of respondents weren’t using it.
- Statistical financial aid awarding was a top practice for private institution respondents in the category of internal operations, but 21 percent of respondents weren’t using it.
- Text messaging was a top-rated communication channel, but many respondents weren’t using it.